Lavidalida is my brand. I manipulate words and lay them on a page, it is the life I live. Feel free to scan through if you'd like!

Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

What I learned from 'The Hunger Games'


 

My sister and I went to watch The Hunger Games today. I'd heard of Hunger Games but, I hardly knew or cared much about it. The movie was a bit like true fiction in a sense.
My first taught while watching was, "what is this, fashion week or something?" haha... I mean the creative work; the designs, costumes, were well put together. Enough of that, that is not my point here! So I went into the theater with no huge feelings about it, I went in with an open-mind and here's a bit of what I learned.




Don't be afraid to stand out/learn & try: I remember Katniss being told during the "try-outs" or training, that she must find a way to stand out,to be memorable. In the real world, with the many other individuals fighting for the same thing you are fighting for, there's a lot of competition out there. What's going to make you any different from the hundred other candidates up for this position? YOU. I've had a lot of doors close, and even slam in my face. But you know what? That is their lose, not mine.Even though I didn't get it, I tried. And I would rather live knowing that I tried than live knowing that I could have tried. You won't know a thing unless you're told, unless you're taught. And you'll certainly never know unless you've lived it, tried it. Don't be afraid to stand out and be different, but you have to make sure you do it right. Which brings me to my next point.

Know the rules: Rue was the youngest and smallest of the tributes, but that didn't slow her down. She was very observant and knew the whereabouts of everyone. In the real world, some stand out and some blend in, but it's great to have a little of both. In life we are faced with many decisions, and whatever choice you might decide to make, determines what happens next. So it is important to realize and remember that there are rules to almost everything, some may be broken without repercussions and some cannot. So pay attention!



Help others: A great great example of this was Peeta, who put himself on the line twice to save and protect the one he loves. Allthough he wasn't with Katniss the whole time, everything he did was to protect and save her. Helping better others is bettering yourself, because it's not always about "I"...Actually it never was. Life is better lived if lived with and for someone else.
  
Have a purpose: Katniss volunteered as tribute to save her sister, Prim. Everything like hunting for food and her decision to volunteer as tribute, was all for her little sister. I've found that in life, it is important to live for something, or someone. Those big dreams that you have, those ideas and thoughts...they're called ambition, invest in them they will help you reach your dreams.


There's so much more to life than we see.  We each have a power, a power to choose between two ways of living. A power to stand for what is righteous in nature; if everyone got together, instead of separating, a lot would get done. There's so much power in numbers.

"Only a life lived for others is worth living." -Einstein

These are just are just a few things I've learned from watching the movie. Feel free to share what you learned or thought of The Hunger Games.


xo,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails